SuperSBB Solution Offers Affordable Continuous Availability for Mission Critical SMB Environments and Easy Scalability to Over 400TB
Thursday, 6 March 2014 Source: http://www.supermicro.com
San Jose, Calif., March 6, 2014 - Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI), a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing announces new 2U/3U Cluster-in-a-Box (CiB) storage solutions certified and preinstalled with Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 Standard Edition. Base configurations feature fully redundant hardware optimized for high capacity, expandability and low latency performance. The 3U/32TB model (SSG-6037B-CIB032) features 16x 3.5" hot-swap bays, optimized for high capacity storage applications. This model ships half populated with 4TB SAS HDDs making it an affordable way for SMB and remote offices to stay online 24/7. The 2U/20TB form factor model (SSG-2027B-CIB020H) features 24x 2.5" hot-swap drive bays fully populated with both SSD and HDD media. This model is a good fit for high transactional and database driven applications providing the continuous availability and performance usually excluded in smaller user environments. Up to four Supermicro JBODs (16x 3.5" hot-swap bays) can be cascaded behind the CiB solution to provide over 400TB of performance tiered high availability storage. Supermicro will debut its new CiB solutions at CeBIT 2014 in Hannover, Germany March 10-14.
"With SuperSBB, Supermicro built one of the most critically acclaimed hardware platforms for next generation/mission-critical storage applications," said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. "By combining our world-class server expertise with our fully redundant 2U and 3U storage chassis, SuperSBB delivers the compute performance, storage capacity and reliability required for mission critical storage applications. Working closely with Microsoft, we now offer Windows users a familiar and intuitive way to utilize Supermicro’s Cluster-in-a-Box hardware with all the advanced features built into Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 Standard."
"Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 is our most resilient compute and storage architecture to date, enabling trusted data storage services for enterprise applications at a fraction of the cost," said Peter Han, Vice President, US OEM at Microsoft Corp. "With Supermicro’s Windows Storage Server certified SuperSBB platforms, users can rapidly deploy and easily manage high-performance, continuous availability storage within their networks, improving access to data for enterprises of any size."
With the SuperSBB hardware running Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 Standard Edition, businesses have access to the latest storage innovations from Microsoft, including:
- Data Deduplication and Storage Spaces - for maximizing and scaling your storage capacity
- Storage Tiers, SMB Direct, SMB Multichannel, and NIC Teaming - for maximum performance
- Enhancements to Failover Clustering and Hyper-V - for improved reliability
3U Cluster-in-a-Box Storage Server (SSG-6037B-CIB032)
2U Cluster-in-a-Box Storage Server (SSG-2027B-CIB020H)
Two hot-pluggable systems (nodes), each supporting:
- Dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2403 (1.8GHz)
- 32TB (SSG-6037B) raw storage capacity in 16x Hot-swap 3.5" SAS2 HDD bays populated with 8x 4TB nearline SAS HDDs
- 20TB (SSG-2027B) raw storage capacity in 24x hot-swap 2.5" SAS1/SAS2 drive bays populated with 4x SSDs and 20x 1TB nearline SAS HDDs
- 64GB (SSG-6037B), 32GB (SSG-2027B) up to 192GB DDR3 1600MHz ECC reg. DIMM; 6x DIMM sockets (3 per CPU)
- 3x PCI-E 3.0 slots per node (can be used for host or storage expansion)
- I/O ports: 2x GbE LAN (1 for IPMI 2.0w/ Virtual Media/KVM over LAN), SAS 2.0 (6Gb/s) JBOD ports
- Dual-port 10GBase-T (AOC-STG-i2T) or SFP+ network (AOC-STGN-i2S) Add-on-Card options
- Internal 1x 64GB SATA DOM for Windows Server OS boot drive
- Redundant Platinum Level high efficiency (95%+) 920W Redundant Power Supplies
View the Supermicro range