Posted on 21 December, 2020
Intel® Xeon® Scalable Family Processors
Intel® Xeon® Scalable CPUs are designed to support hybrid cloud infrastructures and the most high-demand applications. With performance optimisation and throughput increases at the heart of this powerful range, speed is achieved without compromising on data security. The original Intel Xeon Scalable platform delivered the biggest performance and TCO benefit for systems based on the Intel Xeon Platinum processor and continue to offer performance gains in the 2nd generation as well.
The upcoming 3rd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, codenamed "Ice Lake", is set to be Intel's most secure and performant platform ever. These processors deliver industry-leadng, workload-optimised platforms with built-in AI acceleration, providing a seamless performance foundation to help speed data's transformative impact, from the multi-cloud to the intelligent edge and back. Suitable for a wide variety of usages, 3rd Gen. Intel Xeon Scalable processors support enhanced performance for certain workloads and services. They deliver multi-socket core count density with up to 28 cores per processors and up to 224 cores per platform in an 8-socket configuration, driving enhanced performance, throughput, and CPU frequencies compared to 2nd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors.
- Faster time to value with Intel Select Solutions
- Strong, capable platforms for the data-fueld enterprise
- Next-generation platform for cloud-optimised, 5G-ready networks, and next-generation virtual networks
- Breakthrough HPC and high-performance data analytics innovation
Intel® Optane™ DC
Intel® Optane™ DC persistent memory moves data closer to the CPU so workloads can be optimised to reduce latency and improve overall performance whilst maintaining affordability. It can help businesses fuel innovation with increased capacity and unique memory modes, lower overall TCO while maximising VM densities, and increase memory security with automatic hardware-level encryption. Intel Optane persistent memory is an innovative memory technology that delivers a unique combination of affordable large capacity and support for data persistence.
- Native persistence - the ability to store data even when powered off
- Large capacities at lower than DRAM prices - Higher capacities of Intel® Optane™ persistent memory create a more affordable solution which is accelerating this industry-wide trend towards IMDB. Delivered on the 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, large memory-bound workloads will have significant performance increase for rapid data processing.
- Operational Modes - Intel® Optane™ has two operating modes: Memory Mode (great for large memory capacity and doesn't require application changes as the memory is treated as volatile) and App Direct Mode (requires application changes but software and applications have the ability to talk directly to the Intel® Optane™ persistent memory)
- Hardware encryption - A 256-AES hardware encyrption means you can rest easy knowing your data is more secure. The encryption key is stored in a security metadata region on the module and is only accessible by the Intel® Optane™ persistent memory controller.
To find out more about Intel® Xeon® Scalable Family processors or Intel® Optane™ DC persistent memory, visit our Intel partner page.